DDP Service Technicians are responsible for efficient, high-quality production, personal safety, and customer satisfaction related to repair and maintenance requests for commercial roof systems.
The Service Technician (Tech) is directly responsible for service response activities related to customer requested roof repair and maintenance work.
1) Be available for service response activities. Ability to travel by truck or aircraft for respond to customer needs.
2) Provide high quality of roof repair work, perform contracted scope of work, and assure that the highest level representative available to you on-site is satisfied with the work you performed. Maintain area cleanliness during and after your repair.
3) Perform all work in a safe manner in accordance with the DDP Safety Standards.
4) Meet essential DDP standards for clean job sites, care of working equipment and vehicles. Meet material manufacturer requirements to maintain approved manufacturer warranty status.
5) Provide high quality customer communication and interaction skills, professionalism as the on-site DDP representative to assure customers’ satisfaction. Maintain or improve the Company reputation by what you say and do on every service call.
6) Perform required company procedures for service calls, including: taking digital pictures, writing descriptive reports, using computer systems for e-mail and data transmission and use of wireless devices for phone and e-mail contact.
7) Process required company documents for service calls, to support payroll and accounting, job logs, incident reports, and company communications to keep management processes up to date and informed to help when you need assistance or need to resolve a problem that occurs with customers, or other people, during your service calls.
8) Communicate with all DDP management regarding the orderly progress of production to completion date, employee cooperation and safety compliance, or problems with any of these matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or equivalency preferred. Education and/or training in the roofing industry or trades leading to a degree and/or certifications highly desired. Roofing experience of 3+ years required. 2 years performing customer service and experience within the building trades is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret roofing industry jargon, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to read business correspondence, procedure manuals and construction project blueprints. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Maintains a valid Drivers License. Must be available to work legally in the USA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb ladders; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear and see. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.